The Art Department aims to develop pupils’ skills and confidence to make informed responses to the surrounding world in a visually creative way. Pupils are made aware of how artists and other cultures, both historical and contemporary, have used visual media to communicate to the public. They are encouraged to make personal responses to given themes using a range of styles, techniques and media.
Visits to galleries and museums as well as collaborating with local artists and colleges help enrich the pupils’ learning. Self assessment is encouraged through use of Individual Lesson and Coursework Checklists.
Current Portfolio Themes
- Surfaces- Decorative, Protective, Natural/Built
- Self Image
- Painting, drawing, printmaking
- Mixed media
- Digital photography, Photoshop
- 3D work- clay, plaster, wire
- Yr 10 – Arts Award / The Project
- Yr 11- Arts Award / GCSE