Pupil Premium Funding
What is the Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is funding allocated to schools for the purpose of boosting the attainment of pupils from low income families. It is intended to enable schools to provide targeted support to help children reach their full potential.
Funding is allocated for children who are Looked after by the Local Authority (CLA) and for every child who is registered for Free School Meals.
Purpose of Pupil Premium
- The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to provide to tackle disadvantage and ensure additional support reaches the pupils who need it most.
- In most cases the Pupil Premium is allocated to schools and is clearly identifiable. It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.
- Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. However, they will be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families.
Please open folders below to view how we have used the Pupil Premium to support pupils in the past financial year.
Pupil Premium Download Centre
Please choose from the following options:
- SILS PUPIL PREMIUM ACTION PLAN 2019-2020
- SILS Pupil Premium Action Plan 2018-19
- Pupil Premium Evaluation Report July 2018
- Pupil Premium Plan 2017-18
- Pupil Premium 2016 -17 Impact Report
- Pupil Premium-2016-17
- Pupil Premium Plan-2015-16
- Pupil premium Impact Report-2015-16
- Pupil premium Impact Report-2014-15