NEW NATIONAL LOCKDOWN – January 2021:
Dear parents & carers,
When the Prime Minister announced a new national lockdown, schools, alternative provision, special schools, and colleges were instructed to remain open to vulnerable children and children of critical workers.
As an alternative provision, SILS will remain open to your child and other students daily.
As we have taken the necessary steps to keep the school environment safe for all members of our school community, we will expect to see your child in school at 9.00 a.m. everyday, unless he or she is unwell or isolating.
Yomi Adewoye, Headteacher
The following advice for parents / guardians has been received from the Department for Education:- you should not be unduly worried about the possibility of your child catching the Coronavirus. There is no reason why your children should not continue to attend their early years, school or further education setting as normal.
Download a letter:
Please choose from the links below:
- Covid testing letter
- 2021 SILS Privacy Notice – Covid Testing
- 2020 Nov Letter to Parents on Edibles
- letter to parents Aug 2020
- SILS September Opening Checklist
- COVID-19 Parent Pamphlet
- COVID-19 student Pamphlet
- 19.03.20 – Letter to parents
- 18.03.20 – Letter to parents
You can help too!
The Government and NHS are well prepared to deal with this virus. You can help too. Germs can live on some surfaces for hours.
To protect yourself and others:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze.
- Bin the tissue, and to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel.
- If you have arrived back from China within 14 days follow the specific advice for returning travellers.
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.